Friday, May 27, 2011

Colleagues List, May 28th, 2011

Vol. VI. No. 33

*****

Wayne A. Holst, Editor

*****

Colleagues List Blog:
http://colleagueslist.blogspot.com/

*****

Dear Friends:

Marlene and I returned from four weeks in the UK,
Ireland and France at mid-week, and I am busy 
sorting through many communications that have 
arrived on my computer during a month of "vacation" 
from the digital world of Colleagues List.

I will return with a new and complete issue next
weekend. In the meantime, here are two items I
want to share with you now. 

Both affect me very personally.

Delton Glebe helped my as a young man to consider
a venture into "Christian higher education" (as we 
called it back in the early 1960's) - 50 years ago.
He passed away two weeks ago in Kitchener, Ont. 

My least communication with Delton took place just 
before our vacation and I have always appreciated 
his strong ministry support in my life. He was 93.

---

The forest fire that enveloped Slave Lake, Alberta
last week caused our youngest daughter Sarah, her 
husband Ronnie and baby Mya, to evacuate their home. 

Fortunately, their residence was spared, as was the
regional hospital where Sarah is a nurse. They
returned home this week, realizing that a third
of the buildings in their town had been destroyed
by fire. The citizens of Slave Lake are very
appreciative of the support they are receiving
from many people like those representing the
Salvation Army.

They anticipate trying to rebuild what they lost.

Until next week,

Wayne

***** 

COLLEAGUE DELTON GLEBE HAS DIED

K-W Record Obituary, May 16th, 2011
http://tinyurl.com/3u2c2ra

___

SALVATION ARMY SUPPORTS PEOPLE OF SLAVE LAKE

Christianweek.org
May 24th, 2011

http://www.christianweek.org/stories.php?id=1577

(end)



No comments:

Post a Comment